Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Very Interesting Article
In my final blog post I would like to recommend a recent article from The Atlantic- "Is Google Making Us Stupid?", what the Internet is doing to our brains- http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200807/google (if you haven't already read it). The author comments how the enormous amount of information available to us through the Internet and Google search is making it harder for us to stay focused in our reading. We find ourselves skimming and jumping from article to article. "Once I was a scuba diver in the sea of words. Now I zip along the surface like a guy on a Jet Ski," writes Nicholas Carr, the author. I also feel it is so easy to get lost in the labyrinth of links. You start out reading an article on one subject and end up watching a YouTube video on a completely different subject. And hours have gone by before you realize it... OK, now I've got to get off the computer to make dinner and go to my book club meeting. I still read books from cover to cover and hope that I never lose that focus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment